1. Rhythm is most closely related to
2. Which of the following are the slowest moving notes?
c. quarter notes
3. The underlying pulse of music is known as the
4. A stream of sixteenth notes against a quarter-note beat is a _______ subdivision.
5. The number of beats in a measure defines the music’s
6. When meters are longer and more complex we use the term
a. metric cycle
7. An accented note that falls between beats is called a
8. The rate at which beats pass in music is called
9. When music is nonmetric we say it is in
a. free rhythm
10. A grouping of beats in Western music is called a